Region A Child Care Subsidy Roundtable Meeting - Thursday, June 11, 2015
Hello to the Region A Early Childhood Community !
Our next Region A Child Care Subsidy Roundtable, Meeting # 4, will be held on Thursday, June 11, 2015. We are currently locating space and will send an additional e-mail with that information in a few days, as usual we will be looking for a central location, most likely in Macon or Jackson County. As suggested by our participants at previous meetings, our time will be 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM. This project is sponsored by Region A Smart Start, the WNC Early Childhood Coalition and Southwestern Child Development Commission. We gratefully acknowledge funding support from the Community Foundation of Western North Carolina.
Although, our group has not met in several months, we have been very active in Child Care Subsidy Issues. As each of you know, many changes have happened and are continuing to happen. Our agenda for the June, 2015 meeting will include these topics:
1. Legislative changes to Subsidized Child Care Policy
2. The ending of the SEEK Project by the NC Division of Child Development and Early Education and information about the next expectations as North Carolina continues to transition to an electronic reimbursement system for the subsidized child care program.
3. Funding projections for Child Care Subsidy for State Fiscal Year 2015-16 - Waiting lists and "the freeze" !
4. Update from Smart Start, funding information and recent advocacy training efforts.
5. Re-authorization of the Federal Child Care Development Block Grant happened, for the first time in 18 years, in November, 2014 and NC is currently working on developing a new State Plan for these funds. We will discuss the many changes, which are very positive, and provide to you ways that you can have input into the state plan development.
As we continue to develop the agenda for the upcoming meeting, we invite you to send us your topics, issues or questions for inclusion on the agenda. As we have discussed a previous meetings, Child Care Subsidy is a complex program so remember that you can suggest a topic for presentation that you want to learn more about or you can bring forward an issue that is concerning to you or your program and you would like for our group to study possibilities for change.
In our earlier Subsidy Roundtable Meetings, we have been pleased with the participation from our community. We invite participation from all areas of our community, but especially from our child care provider community, community agencies who work with parents who use Child Care Subsidy, parents, and any early childhood professional who is interested in child care subsidy.
I look forward to talking with you about Child Care Subsidy Issues in Region A on Thursday, June 11, 2015 !
Sheila Hoyle, Executive Director
Southwestern Child Development Commission
PO Box 250
Webster, NC 28788